Friday, April 8, 2011

Too young

When I saw this video, I could not believe what I was hearing. A mom thinks that injecting her 8 year daughter with botox will make her a superstar. I have never heard of anything like it. To be honest, I don't see the point of botox for grown adults, nonetheless children.

This saddens me to think that todays society stresses the importance of looks so much that people feel the need to take such drastic measures. What happened to loving someone for who they are? I know real life is tough and everyone needs to stand out. But to me feeling the need to give an 8 year old botox to make her a superstar is ridiculous. She hasn't even reached puberty yet.

That's why media has gone too far. I understand that they want to sell a product, but to an 8 year old? To me that just seems like they are all desperate. To me, this girl is too young to be receiving any sort of injections to make her any type of star. The media needs to stop worrying about looks and focus more on personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment